The Missing Paw Team
For Missing & Stolen Dogs
The Missing Paw Team was originally formed as a Facebook group. It is run by volunteers with the aim of helping people in the Bexley area find their missing dogs.
During 2018 pet theft has risen alarmingly and the numbers of dogs disappearing is growing on a daily basis. Dog owners are increasingly turning to social media sites to publicise the disappearance of their pet and to attract much needed support in searching for them. The more publicity a missing pet receives, the better their chance of being reunited with their owner.
We have chosen a not for profit structure. All of our volunteers donate their time for free.
All income is generated through sales of goods at stalls, raffles, bonus ball lottery and donations.
The company has been created to help the owners of lost & stolen pets throughout London & Kent borders and support those owners that need help with rehoming animals and short term boarding placements.
We can provide short term rescue placement until a permanent home can be found with larger organisations. We can also accommodate 28 day retainer from the local council for lost dogs.
We hope that it can spread to the rest of the UK.
We offer free scanning to the following:-
🔶 Dogs found by the public. They
must be contained.
🔷 Deceased dogs following an RTC
🔶 Deceased and injured cats. They
must be contained.
We can attend to microchip check cats that may have wandered into your garden or cats that you are not sure if they are lost but a fee of £2.00 per scan is charged.
We can also provide a cat trapping service. We provide the trap for a small fee.
What do you do if you have lost your dog!
If you lose your dog or cat then please follow this useful guide. Reporting the the following within the first hour is vital to get your dog home
I have listed in order of priority -
1) Register with us below
2) Notify your dogs chip company and request the dog be marked missing.
3) Contact the dog warden via your council.
4) If your dog has been stolen contact police on 101 and request a crime reference number. The police need someone to have witnessed the theft to Mark as stolen.
5) Contact all the local vets within a 5 mile radius and email them a poster.
6) Add your dog to as many lost and stolen groups on Facebook as possible including the missing poster of your dog.
7) Email or call local groomers, dogwalkers, pet services, dog related services and ask them to post the missingposter on their Facebook pages.
8) Create a Facebook group to help collate sightings and general information for the public to share and follow.
9) Put posters on lampposts in local roads shops, cafes, close to where the dog was lost. Place the poster in plastic wallets with the opening towards the bottom and sellotape over the opening to prevent the rain entering the poster.
10) Inform Highways on 0300 123 5000
11) Inform Network Rail on 0345 711 4141
12) If lost near water inform Canals & River Authority on 0303 0404040/ 0800 4799947
If you need further advice contact The Missing Paw Team UK Via email, telephone or FB
DONATE TO US
We have recently set up a donations account with PayPal to help with the costs of ink and paper etc to help support owners. We also have a bonus ball starting 25th August with a prize of £25 each week if we sell all balls or 50/50 split if we don't. PayPal account is Thank you ❤️❤️
Here is some useful information.
Vets Details in our area
Dog Wardens in our area
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
My family and I want to thank you everyone who tirelessly came out to search for Clyde.
A HUGE thank you Vicki, Claire and all the team at The Missing Paw Team who constantly helped work with me from day one to help find Clyde... I will forever be in your debt and I cannot find words to express how thankful I am for you to stuck with me until he came home.
Thank you for all your help with getting Roxy back. She is doing really well. All checked out and she is a healthy and happy staffie.
There's so many good people out there and with out the power of Facebook and this site we would never have got her back. Thanks to everyone that shared our posts and helped find Roxy.
The week before Christmas my dog went missing, the day after he was missing I was contacted by Missing Paw Team UK and wow! They were amazing it was a long 7 days and 8 nights max was missing but with their help support advice and coming out to help search we got him home! Thank you so much !!!!!